Under general direction of the Assistant District Engineer, Maintenance, Highway Maintenance Managers plan, organize and direct major complex highway maintenance and equipment safety programs, infrastructure facilities, and personnel in assigned district in compliance with State and federal laws, rules and regulations, department policy and budgetary authority.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
These positions are located within District 2, geographical areas of Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville, Fallon, and Lovelock. Incumbents assist in routine maintenance duties, including keeping pavement surface, shoulders, clear zones, and associated roadways in good repair; summer betterment projects, and assistance in emergency operations. The hours for these positions are subject to change depending on the needs of the appointing authority and may be five 8-hour shifts or four 10 hour shifts. These positions may require working in inclement weather. NOTE: THESE POSITIONS WILL BE UTILIZED FOR SUMMER 2017 EMPLOYMENT. FOR ALL FUTURE CONSTRUCTION AID POSITIONS, YOU MUST REAPPLY UNDER THE NEW RECRUITMENT. APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF APRIL 24, 2017.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications): Ability to follow oral and written instructions and perform physical tasks requiring moderate strength.
Special Requirements :
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- These positions require an applicant be at least 18 years of age upon application. If selected, proof of being at least 18 years of age will be required.
- This announcement is for temporary (maximum of six months) positions only. Applicant must indicate that they are willing to accept temporary work in order to be considered.
- This position may require working alternate shifts and outside of traditional business hours. The hours of this position are subject to change based on the needs of the appointing authority. Typical shifts are four 10-hour or five 8-hour shifts, but may include some variation depending on the specific needs of the department.
- Tell us how you heard about us!
Application Evaluation Exam: The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment 1) Describe your experience operating common tools and equipment. Please provide specific examples.
Register on the NVAPPS website at www.nevadadot.com/jobs and create an applicant profile. Then apply for recruitment # 31396 . See the official announcement at: https://neats.state.nv.us/NEATS/Recruiting/ViewAnnouncement.aep?recruitmentId=31396
Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Nevada Department of Transportation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), or gender identity and expression.