Associate in Engineering 2 - Sign Design Specialist ODOT17-1238oc - Salem, OR
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
The primary purpose of this position is to research, develop, implement and maintain signing, policies and practices for signing and pavement marking design. This position also prepares sign design contracts documents, reviews designs prepared by other engineers as part of Quality Assurance Program and develops and provides training to maintain quality of plans and specifications by Tech Center staff Consultants and local agencies.
This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Interstate Maintenance Sign Program.
- Prepare sign designs and contract documents for construction on interstate sign projects statewide.
- Review sign plans, specifications and engineering estimates prepared by Tech Centers, consultant and local Agencies on the interstate system.
- Review plans, specifications and engineering estimates prepared by Tech centers and Consultants and Local Agencies for quality assurance.
- Review completed plans for conformity with design standards and safety features.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance Plan to maintain and improve quality of plans specifications and estimates they prepare.
- Answer questions and provide statewide expertise on design criteria and standards.
- Position requires both office work (95%) and outdoor work. Outdoor work may be necessary in inclement weather and heavy traffic conditions. Employee is expected to be able to travel statewide when necessary.
A Fundamentals of Engineering certificate (FE)
One year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
Must have and maintain a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
Note: Preference may be given to applicants with familiarity with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-986-7146.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.