« View All Listings
Transportation and/or Environmental Planner
This position involves the application of advanced planning skills to assigned tasks, under moderate supervision in an office environment. The Planner Ill is an advanced-level position under direct supervision. The Planner Ill is responsible for handling tasks and/or larger projects or sub-projects, as assigned. The Planner Ill must be able to develop, with the supervisor, a work plan for any task or project assigned. The Planner Ill may work on transportation and/or environmental planning efforts, as assigned at the time of hire, in furtherance of the mission of the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA) as a metropolitan planning organization (MPO) and areawide water quality management agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform
this job. To be considered for this position, an individual must be able to perform each duty in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Performs research, planning, evaluation, and report-writing as directed on one or more assigned tasks, sub-projects, or projects.
• Designs studies, tasks, sub-projects, and projects, as required.
• Possesses an advanced knowledge of transportation and/or air quality and/or water quality issues.
• Has an advanced understanding of transportation and/or air quality and/or water quality federal requirements and procedures.
• Has advanced ability to use relevant software programs and has the ability to learn new software quickly.
• Shows development of more advanced capabilities to research, plan, evaluate, and report.
• Monitors budget at task and project level.
• Prepare draft project goals and objectives, as required.
• May manage one Overall Work Program (OWP) project, as assigned.
• Manages assigned tasks, sub-projects, and projects.
• Collects/analyzes/inputs data.
• Designs and maintains databases.
• Prepares reports/documents/records.
• Presents project-related information to NOACA Board, Committees and/or outside, organizations as required by the position.
• Mentors Planners I and II, as assigned.
• Attends work-related meetings inside and outside of the agency offices, as directed.
• Engages in minimal travel within the state and the continental U.S., as directed.
• Works under supervision alone or in groups on assigned tasks.
• Works on special projects as required.
• Performs other duties deemed appropriate.
*Credentials and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in appropriate field, plus five years of relevant planning experience. Masters Degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced skills in application of Microsoft Office software and other planning software
• Advanced skills in application of ESRI GIS software
• Research skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Management and leadership abilities
Salary Range: Minimum $48,187-commensurate with experience
Must be legally able to work in the United States
Posted on: Thursday, August 03, 2017
This listing expires on: Friday, November 03, 2017