Announcement: ODOT17-1618ocTitle Services Analyst – Operations and Policy Analyst 1
Highway Division – Technical ServicesSalem
We are recruiting for a title services analyst to join our Right of Way Section in Salem. This position evaluates administrative processes relevant to creating a variety of legal documents necessary for transfer of property rights. The title services analyst assists with document control, quality assurance, and process efficiency for all documentation within the Right of Way Section.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze program activities to maintain performance records and monitor project schedules, outcomes, and accomplishments.
- Evaluate results and recommend actions to improve accuracy and throughput.
- Assist in cataloging and maintaining all Right of Way documents.
- Evaluate documents and document processes for compliance.
- Apply legal knowledge to ensure program can obtain title and clear liens, judgments, and interests.
- Outline documents necessary to complete property transactions.
- Compile and produce in draft or final form: deeds, easement documents, releases of mortgage, partial conveyances, satisfactions of judgements, leases, land sale contracts, grants and indentures of access, subordinations, and affidavits.
- Draft language for non-typical documents for legal counsel review.
- Assist in documenting and writing procedural instructions for software programs and identify system enhancements.
- Assist in gathering information required to produce the office title report for clearing title.
- Act as technical consultant to field and headquarters staff for Right of Way documents and title closing processes.
- Review effectiveness of processes in the Title Services program.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills;
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience that typically supports the knowledge and skill requirements listed for the classification.
Preferred Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the items on this list, as demonstrated in your application materials and responses to our correlated essay-style supplemental questions, to determine whom to interview.
- Experience and knowledge in real estate, including title and escrow services experience and/or real estate document preparation experience.
- Proficient working knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office programs to prepare legal documents to convey real property and clear title.
- Ability to guide change in a process or procedure.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-986-7146.
This opportunity closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.