Announcement: ODOT17-1617ocStatement of Work/Technical WriterAssociate in Engineering 2Highway Division – Technical ServicesSalem
We are recruiting for a statement of work/technical writer to join our Consultant Services Unit in Salem. This position writes templated scope and statement of works for the agency. This person works directly in support of the project delivery teams by providing consultative advice on administrative, policy, programmatic, and management aspects of consultant contracts.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in reviewing draft and final project designs, specifications, and engineering estimates.
- Provide level of effort/cost estimates and negotiations support.
- Assist in developing and reviewing complex statement of works for high-risk projects.
- Compose technical writing documents including white papers, manuals, data analysis, recommendation reports, and letters.
- Assist in creating the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Contract Administration Manual and ensure all aspects related to contract administration for design are current.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control for policies and procedures identified in the A&E Contract Administration Manual.
- Participate in developing and implementing an internal quality assurance plan to maintain and improve quality of plans, specifications, and estimates prepared by consultants.
- Assist in creating agency contracting standards and design procedures.
- Assist the Project Manager with errors and omissions claims processing for A&E contracts.
- Track errors and omissions issues and coordinate with the section to document problem areas pertaining to the contract requirements.
- Establish a method to correct, mitigate, or minimize the effects of the design quality, schedule, and budget.
- Provide guidance and training for managing consultant outsourcing to agency personnel.
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
Preferred Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the items on this list, as demonstrated in your application materials and responses to our correlated essay-style supplemental questions, to determine whom to interview.
- Experience developing architecture and engineering (A&E) specifications for contract outsourcing.
- Experience conducting contract administration quality control, analyzing data to identify common problem themes, and preparing recommendations and implementation plans for program changes.
- Experience reviewing and resolving errors and omission claims.
- Typical office environment.
- Occasional travel required.
- Workload involves preparing background testimony and may involve testifying before legislative committees regarding proposed legislation.
- This position has contact with internal and external stakeholders.
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 26, 2017. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-986-7146.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.