Announcement: ODOT17-1620ocADA Senior Right of Way Agent – Right of Way Agent 2Highway Division – Technical ServicesSalem
We are recruiting for an ADA senior right of way agent to join our team in Salem. The person in this position will be the right of way representative on all ADA project development teams across the state and acts as right of way project manager by overseeing, coordinating and managing all portions the right of way process on ADA projects as assigned.
ODOT has developed an ADA Program to address the requirements in the settlement as well as other identified ADA needs. ODOT has agreed to remediate all non-compliant curb ramps on or along the State Highway System within the next 15 years. This position will provide complete, consistent, compliant, and rigorous ROW support to the program as each area that needs to be remediated will require some level of property right of access for construction. The ADA Program will rely on the use of ODOT's RW15-02(B) process to the greatest extent possible to secure the needed property rights which will generate a workload of that includes contact with hundreds of property owners offer letters, monitoring, and closeout each year.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Limited Duration: This is a limited duration appointment that may become a permanent position. This limited duration position is scheduled to last until 06/30/2019, though the duration can change at any time due to business needs. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible with a designated maximum length of service.
- Job Rotation: This is a rotational opportunity open only to current state of Oregon employees in permanent positions and in good standing (limited duration and temporary employees not eligible). This opportunity will last until 06/30/2019, but the duration can change at any time depending on business needs. You must have your manager's approval before applying for this assignment.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and make liaison studies for ADA projects across the state.
- Develop a right of way timeline for each ADA project.
- Perform ADA right of way coordination from the beginning of all the projects to the closeout.
- Contact and interview property owners and potential displaces affected by a proposed project.
- Plan and direct all appraisal functions, including the use of the RW15-02(B) Bulletin acquisition process for the ADA program.
- Write contract specifications and perform bidding process for hiring fee appraisers.
- Provide consistent, complete, and compliant right of way oversight for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with ADA Program management on the development, execution, and oversight of all consultant right of way work and deliverables.
- Assign work to consultants or in-house resources and monitor project progress.
- Attend public hearings and serve as point of contact for the public about future and current ADA projects and answer questions from other public agencies.
Five years of experience in appraising land, commercial and residential property for market value;
Managing complex property transactions for the purchase or sale of property;
Managing a large property portfolio for a complex organization;
Relocating displaced individuals or businesses.
Preference will be given to individuals with experience relocating displaced persons for a public or other body covered by the policies of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 and subsequent revisions.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, forestry, agriculture, civil engineering, geology, geography, real estate, communications or related degree may substitute for three years of the required experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Preferred Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the items on this list, as demonstrated in your application materials and responses to our correlated essay-style supplemental questions, to determine whom to interview.
- Experience in ODOT right of way.
- Experience in public transportation right of way.
- Experience in public agency right of way.
- Experience in right of way.
- Experience developing and implementing a right of way project management plan.
- Experience monitoring the right of way activities of appraisers, consultants and/or local public agencies.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule with hours outside of regular work schedule.
- Frequent travel required.
- Field work includes property inspections which may involve walking distances over difficult terrain.
- This position interacts frequently with the public who may be adversarial at times.
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 26, 2017. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-986-7146.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.