Announcement: ODOT17-1651ocCompliance Specialist – Operations and Policy Analyst 2
ODOT Headquarters – Office of InnovationSalem
We are recruiting for a compliance specialist to join the Office of Innovation. This position operates the compliance section for OReGO, the Road Usage Charge Program.
What is OReGO?
OReGO is a volunteer program where volunteers pay for their use of the road through a per mile charge and receive a credit for the state fuel tax paid at the pump as they use that fuel. OReGO is a new program and is actively standardizing and streamlining its procedures and processes. It is also innovating to improve the program.
Please click here
to learn more about OReGO: Oregon's Road Usage Charge Program.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refine road usage charge compliance program performance measurement tools, goals, and procedures.
- Implement and refine criteria for determining compliance with the road usage charge statutes and rules.
- Consult with private sector tax collection partners and the OReGO team to identify problem areas and improve performance.
- Monitor private sector partners' activities for compliance and discuss corrective actions.
- Assist private sector partners with questions or concerns about the compliance statute, rules, procedures, or goals.
- Produce, review, and present training and tools.
- Facilitate discussions with staff and managers about system efficiency or operational needs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to evaluate existing tax and IT systems and plan enhancements.
- Analyze and provide recommendations or solutions regarding program operational processes, services, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and implement proposals, policies, and strategies.
- Provide comprehensive research to support recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in post-audit reviews and assist in developing and/or modifying processes.
- Monitor and track program and operational data.
- Manage research studies that evaluate agency policy and operations.
- Plan operational improvement projects and evaluate organizational systems for effectiveness.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to process improvement and compliance activities or auditing.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to process improvement and compliance activities or auditing.
Preferred Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Demonstrated adaptability to changing responsibilities in the workplace and the ability to change with them.
- Demonstrated data-driven problem solving and the ability to research and make analytical business decisions.
- Ability to independently make decisions while respecting reasonable boundaries or decision-making within a team environment.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Workload includes managing projects with conflicting requirements and tight deadlines.
- Irregular hours (weekends, holidays, nights, and travel) occasionally required.
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on December 18, 2017. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email email@example.com.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.