Announcement: ODOT17-1649ocAsk ODOT Specialist – Program Analyst 1
ODOT Headquarters – Business ManagementSalem
The Ask ODOT program is a communication link between citizens and the agency and provides Oregonians an avenue to resolve issues and complaints.
We are recruiting for an Ask ODOT specialist. This position acts as an extension of the governor, ODOT director, and Oregon Transportation Commission members. The Ask ODOT specialist receives, examines, resolves, and tracks citizen concerns, disputes, and issues for the department. This person interacts directly with citizens, ODOT employees and management, commission members, Department of Administrative Services Risk Management, and the Department of Justice. This position ensures compliance with ODOT's customer service standard through case monitoring, tracking, trend reporting, and proposing changes to Ask ODOT practices and procedures. This person must have an understanding of the complexities of laws, rules and policies.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- We will use this recruitment to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies as they occur in this unit or location.
- Open until Filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 12/18/2017 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Ask ODOT cases: inquiries received by the governor's office, ODOT director, and the Oregon Transportation Commission.
- Research and respond to inquiries received through the Ask ODOT phone line or online.
- Research laws, rules, policies, procedures, and statutes to answer citizens' questions.
- Provide direction on policy and procedure inquiries that are aligned with ODOT's mission and values.
- Coordinate with the appropriate person to ensure continuity and timeliness in response.
- Conduct preliminary investigations on citizen issues.
- Compile and analyze data and determine appropriate action.
- Consult with other ODOT staff to facilitate solutions or develop responses to questions.
- Promote collaborative solutions to sensitive issues through investigative procedures.
- Recommend new internal procedures or changes to existing internal procedures.
- Track inquiries and complaints in a database.
- Communicate the organization's standards and practices to citizens verbally and in writing.
- Coordinate and complete special projects and assignments.
- Create and maintain administrative files and desk procedures.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, or a degree related to customer service which includes intake, research, summary, and response.
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level customer service which includes intake, research, summary, and response.
Preferred Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while handling conflicting priorities effectively with the pressure of short, demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Experience utilizing verbal and written communication skills to communicate with members of the public regarding complex and emotionally charged issues.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and summarizing information into an understandable and accurate final product and responding to the public.
- Ability to determine level of inquiry and route information appropriately.
- Frequent exposure to individuals who may be adversarial or emotionally charged on issues.
- Workload includes handling conflicting information and competing priorities and deadlines.
- Occasional overtime required.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 12/18/2017 at 8:00 a.m. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email email@example.com.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.