Announcement: ODOT17-1902ocInnovative Programs Support Specialist – Administrative Specialist 2
ODOT Headquarters – Office of InnovationSalem
ODOT's Office of Innovation partners with internal and external organizations to identify, assess, and promote strategic innovations that advance our multi-modal transportation system in the fast-changing transportation environment.
We are recruiting for an innovative programs support specialist to join our team in Salem. This position provides initiative program support to the Office of Innovation and the Director's Office. Primary program areas for support include automated vehicles, value pricing, road usage charge/OReGO, and the Oregon Innovative Partnership Program.
Please click here
to learn more about our Office of Innovation.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Open until Filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 12/18/2017 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
- This classification was recently included in a salary negotiation. The salary range listed in this announcement may increase once approved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the program to partners, stakeholders, and customers.
- Create program documents, procedures, and maintain reports.
- Handle all electronic file and information management for the program.
- Implement management recommendations to carry out program objectives.
- Provide research assistance to source needed information on program trends and practices.
- Respond to questions and information requests.
- Evaluate data and information from requests for program services.
- Assist program managers with preparing ad hoc reports.
- Act as lead web editor for all Office of Innovation websites and taskforces.
- Coordinate contract documentation and various meetings, schedules, and committees.
- Provide confidential administrative and technical support to the chief innovation officer, OReGO program manager, and the Office of Innovation team in general.
- Serve as communication link for program managers and others to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide primary support for specific legislative and governor appointed taskforces.
- Conduct personnel activities including recruitment support, personnel actions, and updating various documents and forms.
- Provide primary support to the road usage charge west administrator.
Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations;
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
One year of postsecondary education may be substituted for up to one year of the experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Preferred Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Experience supporting direct administrative support to an executive manager, program, or team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Typical office environment with continuous use of computer and office equipment required.
- May require lifting or moving up to 35 pounds.
- Flexible work hours with occasional required overtime and/or extended workdays and/or meetings/events outside of normal schedule.
- Workload may involve high stress/conflict situations due to competing priorities or differing organizational mandates and agendas.
- This position requires contact with internal and external stakeholders who may be adversarial at times.
- Occasional regional travel within the state.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 12/18/2017 at 8:00 a.m. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email email@example.com.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.