Transportation Operations Specialist-Operator
Do you like helping people in crisis situations? Are you cool, calm, and collected when others are stressed? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our transportation operations specialist position. We are seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role as the transportation operations specialist operator to help solve incidents of varying complexity.
Transportation operations specialists (TOS) operators monitor the operation of the transportation system, respond to incidents affecting the system, and coordinate transportation related communications and services among internal and external customers.
TOS operators protect the safety of ODOT field crews by:
- Providing a check-in and monitoring location for staff involved in remote or dangerous tasks
- Reducing the duration of incidents by assisting field crews with detection, verification, and implementation of incident response activities.
- Provide information management and communication functions including dispatch to support maintenance and incident response.
- Improve safety and mobility for travelers by providing accurate and up-to-date traveler information about incidents, events, and weather hazards affecting the transportation system.
- Maintain readiness by participating in regular training exercises and emergency operations drills.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
For more information and to Apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT17-1520oc or click here.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.