Oregon Department of Transportation
Project Inspector - Engineering Specialist 3
White City, Oregon
ODOT is excited to announce an opening for a project inspector, engineering specialist 3 for our Region 3 Highway Division located in White City. As the project inspector you willprovide engineering assistance to the project manager and the assistant project manager in administering highway construction projects. This may include exercising independent judgment in planning and carrying out recurrent work assignments such as surveying, inspection, contract administration and office work.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Open until filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Check our website for next application screening at www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT18-1452oc. We may close the announcement at any time when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after the first screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate inspection activities on major and/or multiple construction projects.
- Serve as lead inspector on complex projects by assigning and reviewing inspection activities of subordinates.
- Ensures contractors conformance to project plans and specifications through field inspections during construction.
- Record contractor activities on General Daily Progress reports.
- Provide general oversight to assure contractor and DBE subcontractors meet contract requirements.
- Complete timely meaningful Commercial Useful Function reviews.
- Document CUF reviews and submit to the Project Manager for review, further investigation and corrective action as necessary.
- Prepare or direct preparation of Quality test summary book, supporting documentation notebooks, and installation note notebooks.
- Reviews and recommends any alterations or changes of Contract plans and specifications as necessary.
- Initiate, negotiate and draft proposed contract change orders (CCO, SFO, EWO).
An Associate's degree in Engineering Technology from a recognized community college or technical school of engineering and four years of experience directly related to engineering;
Five and one-half years (66 months) of sub-professional engineering experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information and to apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT18-1452oc.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.