Administrative Specialist 1 – Administrative Support
Central Services Division – Procurement
Join the ODOT team providing administrative support to the ODOT Procurement Office (OPO)! Put your dynamic talents in action providing support to staff and management teams. In this highly collaborative role, you will coordinate with internal and external work groups and provide technical, administrative customer service and communication support. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cordinate the effective and efficient flow of business operations.
- Run, track and monitor fiscal wage and leave time reports on an ongoing basis to identify trends and present quarterly.
- Resolve record, invoicing and personal service contract concerns and discrepancies.
- Track, record, review and route emails and documents for purposes of communication and document signature processing.
- Coordinate and maintain current office duties, procedures, and manuals.
- Deliver training and coaching to clerical and administrative staff.
- Provide input to lead workers and/or managers on staff performance.
- Ensure timely payments on consultant invoices by adhering to contracts and allowable expenditures.
- Respond to customer service inquiries regarding bids.
- Provide appropriate contract documents to external work groups in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate accurate time accounting system entry and processing and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide to date work flow and documentation for prevailing wage fees and update Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI).
- Provide administrative support to OPO lead workers and managers.
- Three years of clerical/secretarial experience which included:
- Two years at a full performance level performing typing, word processing, or other generation of documents AND
- Lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
Courses or training in Office Occupations or Office Technology may be substituted for up to one year of the clerical/secretarial experience. No substitution will be made for the two years at the full performance level.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation and presentation.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills including data entry and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Work is performed in a busy office environment with frequent use of a personal computer while sitting.
- May interact with internal and external customers in emotionally charged situations.
- This position involves dealing with highly political, sensitive, and personnel matters and employee must maintain confidentiality.
- Workload includes frequent exposure to short, conflicting and competing deadlines.
- May occasionally require statewide travel and overnight travel to conduct business.
- This position is part of a team-oriented environment. Employee is required to establish and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
Learn more and apply today!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 13th, 2018. Apply today! Click here to learn more or how to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-378-5799.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.