Oregon Dept. of Transportation – Central Services Division – ODOT Procurement Office
Contract Coordinator – Procurement & Contract Specialist 2
ODOT18-0803oc – Salem
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your procurement knowledge and skills or to learn more about ODOT's procurement projects? Bring your excellent customer service and experience to ODOT's procurement team as a contract coordinator to use request for proposals, requests for information, invitations to bid, or contracts or agreements for the procurement of goods, trade services, personal and professional services, and construction of public improvement projects.
ODOT's Procurement Office provides innovative, collaborative procurement solutions to meet our business needs by providing procurement strategies and solicitation processing, contract administration, and contractor performance accountability services.
In addition to the meaningful body of work, the successful candidate for this position will enjoy:
- A formal, proven training plan.
- Procurement method and procurement type cross training opportunities.
- Telecommuting options after successfully completing initial training and trial service. Flexible scheduling between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- Support in obtaining state certifications.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled and may be used to fill other vacancies. Our first application screening is scheduled for Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Underfill Option: The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at a procurement and contract specialist 2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for a procurement and contract specialist 1 ($3431- $4996 monthly) to apply, as we may consider under-filling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for a procurement and contract specialist 2. Under-fill training will not exceed two years.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
- This recruitment may be used to fill any future vacancies.
| Duties & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting market research for sole source procurements.
- Advising managers and staff on procedures for developing contracts or parts of contracts.
- Collaborating with technical resource staff to develop specifications, requirements and guidelines.
- Translating program requirements into contract terms.
- Evaluating contracts for potential performance risk. Develop bid terms and conditions.
- Lead prebid/pre-proposal conferences.
- Leading proposer evaluation selection meetings.
- Making or recommending contract award.
- Answering questions and complaints or bid protests. Negotiating contract terms to minimize performance risk.
- Evaluating or coordinating the evaluation of contractor performance or quality of services.
- Solving conflicts between contract or agreement parties.
- Typical office environment with daily use of computers and office technology.
- Occasional travel required.
- Team-oriented atmosphere.
| Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills:
Procurement and Contract Specialist 2 minimum qualifications
You will need:
- Four years experience in the procurement of goods and services through purchase orders and contract agreements or experience putting together or administering standard contracts or agreements.
- Two of the four years must have included deciding and writing specifications for the purchase of goods and services or developing and administering service contracts.
- A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, or a related degree that included course work in general business management, contract or business law, accounting, finance or economics can substitute for three of the four years.
Procurement and Contract Specialist 1 minimum qualifications (under-fill option)
You will need:
- Three years experience in the procurement of goods and services through purchase orders and contract agreements, or tracking and preparing simple or standard contracts or agreements; OR
- A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, or a related degree that included course work in general business management, contract or business law, accounting, finance or economics.
- You must have and maintain a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record or able to provide an acceptable alternate method of transportation.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria
In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Procurement knowledge and experience.
- Request for Proposal experience.
- Skill in planning and organizing your work.
For more information and to apply online, visit www.odotjobs.com; search for ODOT18-0803oc. Screening begins February 20th.