The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is currently hiring a Marketing Specialist, a position located in Washington, DC.
Nature of Position:
The Marketing Specialist has primary responsibility for implementing one or more of AASHTO's technical service programs marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities; both external and internal.
This includes supporting the goal of raising member agency and general public awareness of the program(s) products, services, and value proposition, and enhancing the program(s) image and position within the marketplace.
- Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager, develop an annual marketing and communications work plan to promote and support the program(s) and enhance its reputation. Works with the program director(s), project managers and stakeholders to accomplish this.
- Develop, maintain and execute a schedule of communications outreach and marketing efforts to include project, due dates, audience, delivery method and actual date disseminated or launched.
- Create marketing materials such as promotional e-mails, advertising copy/graphics, exhibit displays, and handout materials; works with AASHTO graphic designer as-needed on the design of materials; work with Program contractors as needed in producing event-related materials and supporting materials such as print ads, social media ads, and printed programs. Coordinate with members to create case studies and user testimonials. Take ownership of marketing materials through production and distribution; and maintain various e-mail lists as needed.
- Execute and analyze product email campaigns to achieve participation engagement and revenue goals for products and services. Use marketing analytics to understand campaign results and offer insights and recommendations to refine and improve marketing efforts on an on-going basis.
- Manage, maintain and update program website(s) to ensure content is relevant and current, including creating and designing webpages, and posting news stories. Work with web contractor on evaluating usability and visual design and making recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare draft budgets for marketing-related activities.
- Maintain social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, developing content and responding to incoming messages and posts.
- Develop and manage surveys on satisfaction and engagement; track results and submit summary of data.
- Review marketing communications and materials ensuring consistent use of brand guidelines as applicable.
- Lead the Program's Champions initiative, as applicable, and increase program participation.
- Provide staff support for marketing at meetings and conferences as needed. Travel to task force meetings as needed to present a marketing update and provide marketing recommendations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector. Experience working in a membership organization or with volunteers is also desirable. A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in marketing, public relations, or communications.
Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams, and demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities are essential to this position. Strong creative, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills; and excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Demonstrated use of various technologies to market programs and services, including social media, Adobe software products, MS Office and online platforms, including WordPress and GovDelivery is a must. The candidate must possess experience developing and managing budgets, and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time, work under pressure, meet deadlines, assimilate information quickly, and work well with the members and coworkers. Out-of-town, overnight travel is required 15-20 days per year.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday, February 23.
AASHTO is an equal opportunity employer.