Asset Inventory Specialist – Engineering Specialist 2
Highway Division – Technical Services Branch
We are recruiting for four (4) asset inventory specialists to join our Roadway Engineering Unit in Salem. The asset inventory specialist develops asset inventory data for use in training. This person also collects, maintains, and reports on assets for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ODOT's 1R preservation program.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Limited Duration: This is a limited duration appointment that is scheduled to last until 06/30/2019, though the duration can change at any time due to business needs. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible with a designated maximum length of service.
- Job Rotation: We may also fill this position as a rotational assignment open to current ODOT employees. You must have your manager's approval before applying for this assignment. Rotation candidates are not required to meet the position's minimum qualifications.
- Multiple Vacancies: We may use this recruitment to fill multiple vacancies.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform statewide field inventory, recording, and data entry of highway features data.
- Create and deliver presentations regarding guidelines, information, and requirements for the ADA program.
- Measure the dimensions and percent grades of highway features.
- Conduct journey level inspections to determine the physical condition and functional condition of highway features.
- Interpret and source highway feature data from digital video logs and construction plans.
- Compile, record, and enter data into Microsoft Excel.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control of highway feature data.
- Input collected inventory data into TransInfo, an internal ODOT database.
- Train staff on data collection and statewide inventory processes.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding inventory data.
- Update field data collection manuals for ADA curb ramps, bicycle facilities, sidewalks, and traffic barriers.
- Perform pilot projects to test new data collection processes or statewide highway feature inventories procedures.
An associate's degree in engineering technology from a community college or technical school of engineering and two years of experience directly related to engineering.
Three and one-half years (42 months) of sub-professional engineering experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: If you are currently a transportation maintenance specialist 2 (TMS 2) or have been one in the past, in addition to your completed application, please attach section three of your TMS 2 position description to receive full credit for your related work. If your experience includes work in multiple maintenance disciplines (e.g. highway, sign, bridge, striping or landscape) please attach section three of the position description for each of the relevant disciplines.
Please upload this documentation to your online application, or fax it to the number listed in this announcement. This must be received in our office before the listed close date and time on the announcement and contain the recruitment announcement number.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Knowledge of asset management.
- Experience in gathering information, organizing that information, and providing reports drawn from that information.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience preparing reports.
- Work is performed in the field approximately 75% of the time and in a typical office environment 25% of the time.
- Field work may involve exposure to traffic and inclement weather.
- Frequent travel required throughout the year, including extensive overnight travel during the summer months.
Learn More And Apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on February 20, 2018. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email email@example.com.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.