Budget Technician – Program Analyst 1
Central Services – Budget Services
Do you have a background in financial data management? Are you experienced in creating a variety of reports and working in a fast-paced environment? Bring your experience to ODOT! We are recruiting for a budget technician to provide technical assistance in developing the department's biennial budget. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining Microsoft Excel based budget development worksheets for the operations divisions in accordance with Department of Administrative Services (DAS) requirements and ODOT policies.
- Drafting and coordinating a review process and producing and distributing required budget documents.
- Entering and maintaining the department's biennial budget into the Transportation Environment Accounting and Management System (TEAMS).
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
The successful candidate will become part of the state's management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate a review process of budget documentation by division administrations and the ODOT Director's Office staff and incorporate revisions required following the review process.
- Ensure proper format, layout, and content as required by DAS budget instructions.
- Ensure the financial and position information reconciles to the Oregon Budget Information Tracking System (ORBITS).
- Coordinate publishing the budget development documents on ODOT's web site.
- Develop and maintain the budget development worksheets throughout the budget development cycle.
- Recommend improvements to increase the functionality of budget development worksheets.
- Record prior biennium actual revenue and expenditures into the worksheets.
- Assist in auditing the division's completed agency request budget worksheets.
- Assist in the entry of all budget information into ORBITS.
- Set up and maintain emergency board request files.
- Assist the two budget analysts in the unit with projects, analysis, and reconciliations.
- Maintain central files and the resource library.
- Order supplies specific to the unit and coordinate copy center orders.
- Process unit invoices for payment and provide minor administrative support to the budget manager.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals for budget unit processes.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, or a degree related to finance or accounting;
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience relating to budget development, program, or policy analysis.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Proven ability to effectively handle conflicting priorities with the pressure of short, demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create a variety of reports, documents, charts, graphs and correspondence using Microsoft Office programs, databases, and other automated tools.
- A demonstrated focus on customer service and teamwork.
- A background in financial data management: purchasing/inventory, accounts receivable/payable, and/or budget and expenditure tracking.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
- Computer use is frequent with increased usage at various times to meet critical deadlines and support the biennial budget development process.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on February 19, 2018. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.