The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Director of the Human Resources and Safety is seeking a confidential, personable, and trustworthy Executive Assistant
in Olympia, WA. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be exceptionally well organized, and possess strong attention to detail. This unique position will not only serve as a support to the Director, but also will manage the flow of information and paperwork, make decisions and take action on administrative issues on behalf of the Director, and provide management for day-to-day operations. The qualified incumbent will operate at the highest level of independence and require an equally high level of ethical and professional behavior and motivation to achieve performance goals. This position is highly visible and performs customer service work including problem solving and addressing/responding to questions from the public.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record as an individual who takes initiative, is dedicated to excellent customer service, is able to demonstrate good judgment, and works successfully with diverse groups of people. We want someone who can effectively collaborate with other support staff in order to successfully accomplish the various tasks of the office. In addition, we need someone who is up to the challenge of working in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment.
At WSDOT, we honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. If you would like to join our team-oriented environment and enjoy a continuously changing environment, and a great deal of career stability and growth, definitely consider a career opportunity with WSDOT. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Keep the Director informed on a day-to-day basis of affairs requiring action, including status, deadlines and priorities of work activities.
- Review incoming email, mail, phone messages and miscellaneous correspondence to determine priority and possible necessary elevation or redirection.
- Serve as a liaison between the Director, staff and outside entities to ensure assignment due dates are met.
- Independently compose, edit and create correspondences on behalf of the Director, including letters, memos, itineraries, presentations, spreadsheets, and other related documents.
- Assist with inquiries from WSDOT executives, employees, and elected officials.
- Maintain calendar, schedule meetings with high-level staff and government executives, arrange facilities, prepare meeting agendas, coordinate materials and resources, as well as arrange travel
- Monitor and manage the in-state and out-of-state travel for the Office of Human Resources and Safety, including assisting in the development of the annual out-of-state travel budget.
- Administer and coordinate legislative activities during the legislative session.
- Assist in annual Employee Recognition events.
How to Apply: To view this entire announcement and to apply, please visit: 18DOT-EMS-0E053
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources or equivalent field is preferred.
- At least three years of professional administrative experience at the executive level.
- At least two years of office management experience.
- Experience working in transportation or legal environment and knowledge of Human Resources or Safety terminology.
- Proven ability to make decisions and act on behalf of the Director in regards to administrative matters.
- Demonstrated skills in being self-directed, with a willingness to take initiative and exhibit consistent good judgment.
- Strong human relation skills and demonstrated experience in working successfully with diverse groups.
- Experience and knowledge of government organizations, functions, office methods and procedures, and state and agency functional and personnel policies.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Strong time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and tracking office projects, activities and deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills in the written and verbal form. This includes drafting, proofing, formatting and finalizing correspondences and reports for accuracy.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Erik Lunke at 360-705-7747 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-EMS-0E053.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call or email the recruiter.