Oregon Department of Transportation
Lead Roadway Engineer-Professional Engineer 2
Highway Region 3
Bring your proven engineering expertise to ODOT!
ODOT currently has an opening for a lead roadway engineer to function as the expert designer on a design team of 17 employees, designing and providing design consulting and mentoring for major transportation projects.
Why work at ODOT Region 3? You'll enjoy:
- Working on exciting, technically interesting and innovative projects.
- Creating tangible benefits for Oregon and our communities.
- Joining a highly skilled, passionate staff.
- Being part of a national transportation leader.
- Seeing how your work makes a difference.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently design and prepare the roadway portion of plans, special provisions, and estimates for complex projects.
- Participate on Project Teams.
- Assist the roadway manager by assigning and reviewing work to meet project milestones.
- Lead a team of engineers on the highest priority and highest risk projects.
- Review or assign the review of consultant and local agency plans for compliance with state and federal design.
- Be responsible of design and stamp plans when necessary.
- Serve as the consultant to management on complex issues involving, roadway design, and operation in areas such as design standards, value engineering, interchanges, roadway materials, or other specialized engineering areas.
- Assist the Roadway Manager to ensure proper technical and design staffing/resourcing for the Roadway function of the Region's project teams, including preliminary design and specifications.
- Assist the roadway manager with providing technical guidance and expertise to region, city, county and consultant personnel.
- Represent the agency on professional committees and task forces with other states and public agencies.
- A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering
- Three (3) years of journey-level professional engineering experience.
Note: "Valid" means you have the ability to stamp. We will verify your license before we consider your application. If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain comity within six months of hire.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers' license and acceptable driving record.
For more information and to apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search annoucement number ODOT18-1458oc or click here.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.