ODOT17-2278OC – The Dalles
Oregon Department of Transportation
?ODOT is pleased to announce that we are hiring a professional engineer project manager in The Dalles, Oregon. Bring your project management experience to ODOT's Highway Division!
The project manager is responsible for directing all activities necessary in the development of outsourced contracts for highly complex highway construction projects and the contract administration of all Oregon Transportation Commission (OTC) approved construction contracts regardless of delivery method. The project manager (PM) represents the engineer on the project and has the authority to enforce the provisions of the contract.
The PM functions as one of the organizational experts in the management of construction and consultant design contracts in the area of contract interpretation and claims management.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- If you are hired, you will become part of the state's management team.
- Discover more about working in Oregon state government.
- A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering AND
- Three (3) years of journey-level professional engineering experience.
If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.Note:
"Valid" means you have the ability to stamp. We will verify your license before we consider your application.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria
In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Experience using advanced engineering judgment and applying engineering principles in highly complex and controversial construction contract management situations.
- Effective leadership, communication, public speaking, and collaboration skills.
- Proven supervisory related skills, and well developed negotiation/mediation/conflict resolution abilities.
- Experience working in a transportation-related organization.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding EEO/AA/ADA, contact the employee civil rights and diversity manager at 1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT). This information can be made available in an alternative format by contacting ODOT Recruitment at 503-986-3700. Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.