Hydraulics Engineering Program Lead – Professional Engineer 2
Highway Division – Technical Services
We are recruiting for the hydraulics engineering program lead to join our Geo-Environmental Section in Salem. This person acts as a recognized expert in hydraulics engineering, a specialty of civil engineering, with a particular emphasis in stormwater. This position sets the functional and technical direction and standards for operation in support of our hydraulics engineering program.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Open until Filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 03/05/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as first point of contact for hydraulic engineering issues with regulatory and statewide agencies.
- Develop standards for hydraulics to include in pre-approval processes, details, drawings, specifications, procedures, guidance documents, and manuals.
- Assist in developing and implementing policy, procedures, guidance, and permits to meet water resources regulations.
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding hydraulics to designers working on ODOT projects.
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance reviews of project plans and specifications.
- Administer hydraulics program on behalf of the Geo-Environmental Section for customers within and outside of ODOT.
- Develop procedures and technical guidance for the asset management of a variety of types of stormwater facility outlets.
- Coordinate with the section data management specialist to ensure the Geo-Environmental Section website content and various documents and files are current, easy-to-use, and accessible.
- Administer the hydraulics computer software review and licensing statewide.
- Prepare research proposals and participate on research committees.
- Develop and deliver training for all topics covered in the hydraulics design manual.
- Oversee work completed by consultants and check work quality, scope, schedule, and budget.
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Experience designing roadway drainage, stormwater conveyance systems, and water treatment and control facilities.
- Experience evaluating applicability and technical sufficiency of hydraulics and stormwater management software programs.
- Knowledge and experience related to the asset management of stormwater features.
- Work is performed in a typical office setting with extended use of a computer.
- Occasional overnight and out-of-state travel required.
- Occasional field work involves exposure to hazardous conditions such as heavy equipment and construction sites, heavy traffic, inclement weather, steep slopes, remote locations, and rough terrain.
- Occasional lifting of 50 pound sample bags or equipment required.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 03/05/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email email@example.com.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.