Oregon Department of Transportation
Highway Maintenance Coordinator-Transportation Maintenance Coordinator 2
Region 3 Highway Maintenance Division
Central Point, Oregon
Do you have experience leading maintenance or construction projects and a passion for public service? If so, ODOT wants you! ODOT District 8 Maintenance crew is recruiting for a highway maintenance coordinator to assist the transportation maintenance manager (TMM) in overseeing the work of a large maintenance crew engaged in maintenance and landscape activities for the repair, renovation, and reconstruction of roadbeds, surfaces, structures, and facilities. Come join our team!
- Applicants must be able to respond to emergency call-outs within 30 minutes to 4141 Hamrick Rd, Central Point, OR.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, and assign work activities.
- Provide new employee orientation and resolve employee issues.
- Ensure adherence to safety precautions and good public relations practices.
- Determine types and quantities of materials and equipment needed for projects.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Assist with short- and long-range planning and budget preparation.
- Act as a technical consultant.
- Patrol highways and structures within the section looking for potential accidents, hazards, and damages.
- Respond to accidents and other emergencies.
- Write and evaluate contracts.
- Monitor and inspect permitted activities for compliance.
- Perform manual labor and operate a variety of heavy and light equipment and/or tools.
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search announcement ODOT18-1461oc or click here.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.