Oregon Department of Transportation
Sign Maintenance Specialist – Transportation Maintenance Specialist 2
Highway Division – Shady Maintenance Crew
Work Location: 3339 Old Hwy 99 South, Roseburg, OR
We are recruiting for a sign maintenance specialist to join our maintenance crew in Roseburg. This position functions as a member of our Shady maintenance crew and performs any required manual labor or equipment operation necessary to maintain, repair and/or reconstruct roadway/highway, freeway, bridges, signs and/or rest area facilities.
- Limited Duration: This is a limited duration appointment that is expected to end on or before November 1, 2018. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service. This position has the potential to become permanent.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
- Maintain, install, replace, and repair signs, sign posts, and all types of highway signing including legends and panels on state highways.
- Use and interpret the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Sign Policy and Guidelines, construction manuals, straight-line charts, drawings, letters, and prints relating to new installations and changes in existing signs.
- Inspect signs for repair or replacement.
- Shoot elevations with transit and/or level to determine appropriate sign placement.
- Assist during weather related emergencies and perform all aspects of snow removal and clean up.
- Order signs, parts, supplies, and sign support stock.
- Prepare records of sign work performed and materials used and conduct sign equipment inventories.
- Perform light record keeping and prepare a variety of administrative reports.
- Maintain vegetation areas, mow grass, spray pesticides and herbicides, and dispose of roadside debris.
- Repair or replace guardrails, barriers, fences, glare screens, roadway delineators or milepost markers.
- Respond and coordinate accidents and other emergencies, provide traffic control and coordinate with other agencies to ensure safety and assist with clean up.
- Service and repair equipment and tools.
- Maintain rest areas and perform minor building maintenance.
- Daily utilization of computers and other electronic devices.
- Assist Region Traffic Marking crew in highway striping and legend application.
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search announcement ODOT18-1462oc or click here.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.