Announcement: ODOT18-1563ocProject Manager – Professional Engineer 2
Highway Division – Region 2Astoria
Engineer your future at ODOT!
Bring your dynamic leadership experience to ODOT as a project manager
in Astoria. This position supervises and manages ODOT's role in the delivery of multi-million dollar transportation construction projects. The project manager is responsible for construction contract administration and has the authority to enforce the provisions of the contract as the engineer on the project. This person manages a staff of engineers, technicians, surveyors, and clerical personnel who assist in the project manager's role as contract administrator. The project manager also serves as an active member of the Statewide Construction Resource Management Team, which manages the entire statewide pool of construction resources. Work in beautiful Astoria!
Learn more about Astoria by clicking here
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.Additional Details:
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Day, 03/19/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- The successful candidate will become part of the state's management team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer construction contracts and ensure contract deliverables are completed on time and according to specifications.
- Meet with the contractor and consultants regularly to plan and coordinate work, resolve project issues, scheduling concerns, sequence of operations, and other contract topics.
- Monitor vendor compliance with environmental permits.
- Direct and assist in reviewing and analyzing contractor project schedules, staging plans, traffic control plans, and other required submittals for compliance.
- Supervise and review monthly contractor/vendor progress payments.
- Initiate, negotiate, prepare, review, and secure approval of proposed contract change orders, time extensions, extra work orders, and state force orders.
- Minimize project impact on the traveling public, adjacent property, and local community.
- Conduct site visits and perform field inspections.
- Provide statewide expertise in the evaluation and analysis of contract claims, including resolution recommendations.
- Manage the project's fiscal budgets and oversee the project's financial administrative functions.
- Assist in resolving contract and entitlement disputes.
- Provide written and verbal communication to stakeholders, local property owners, local government officials, and members of the media.
- Supervise ODOT employees, including workforce planning and management.
- Assign, schedule, direct, review, and accept the work of consultants and contractors.
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Extensive experience in construction engineering and construction project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to collaborate with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience in roadway project engineering on public infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience managing performance of represented staff and working within the bounds of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Work is conducted in both an office and field environment.
- This position frequently requires being on call 24 hours/day, 7 days/week (including holidays)
- Workload includes managing multiple projects with multiple contractors and consultants, complicated by projects having concurrent and/or conflicting time requirements.
- This position must administer large contracts on tight time schedules with limited personnel and financial resources.
- Duties involve contact with contractors, consultants, and the public who may be adversarial at times.
- Frequent travel required to local and remote construction sites.
Learn more and apply today!
This recruitment is open until filled with a first application screening date of Monday, March 19th, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Apply today! Click here to learn more or to apply.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.