Embracing Innovation will be a key to solving the transportation challenges of the 21st Century. Coordination of technological advances across agencies focused on transportation in the Commonwealth of Virginia will provide efficiencies, economic synergy, and a platform for harnessing research and emerging business and transportation technologies. At every opportunity, we want commerce around the globe to recognize Virginia is “Open for Business.”
We are looking to hire someone who will:
• Establish relationships and partnership with Virginia Institutions of higher education, businesses, entrepreneurs, transportation industries, auto manufacturers, and other key sectors to help drive innovation in Virginia’s multimodal transportation system;
• Work with each of the Transportation Secretariat’s Agencies, the business community, academia, and other stakeholders to create a comprehensive, integrated strategic vision and implementation plan for bringing innovative approaches, techniques and technologies to each of Virginia’s transportation agencies focused on better serving the citizens of Virginia and the local, national, and international business communities;
• Focus on researching, developing, and implementing innovations and technologies that can connect Virginians to jobs, schools, healthcare, shopping, recreation, as well as, all other needs that ensure they are able to achieve the highest quality of life possible;
• Coordinate with VDOT’s Research Council, the agencies of the Transportation Secretariat and other research/innovation groups with transportation expertise to review current technologies, possible applications for use of innovative technologies, and developing implementation plans and working through others to deliver outcomes for innovative technologies and approaches to:
Motor carrier services
• Develop a strong marketing strategy to attract Research and Development, pilot programs, and industries to Virginia;
• Expand information available through Open Data sources to help attract and grow the connected autonomous vehicle Industry and transportation information providers in Virginia enhancing IT Infrastructure Partnerships, Priority Safety technologies, and strategies;
• Work with agencies to seek opportunities to expand broadband services, particularly in rural Virginia, as part of developing transportation projects; and,
• Coordinate with agencies to develop an integrated corridor management system that provides travelers with traveler and transportation operations information for all modes of transportation.
For more details and to apply, visit https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/103228
State applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:59 pm on the closing date through the Recruitment Management System (RMS). State applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered.
Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State application. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided on the application, therefore, it is essential to fully complete each section of the application and provide detailed information. Submitting an incomplete state application, or a state application lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility.
This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS Account to check the status of your application for this position.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice. For more information about our employment practices, please visit http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/information_for_employees.asp