Oregon Department of Transportation
Land Use/Transportation Planner - Planner 3
ODOT is excited to announce an opening for a land use / transportation planner in Bend, Oregon. This position is responsible for working with a variety of internal and external partner to create comprehensive long-range transportation system development solutions which respect and balance the needs and concerns of all affected parties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead projects to produce and adopt comprehensive long-range multi-modal transportation plans, refinement plans, interchange area management plans, access management plans, and local plans.
- Represent ODOT during local government land use proceedings, and review and analyze impacts to the transportation system from land development or land use changes and negotiate relevant transportation mitigation to balance the needs of transportation with community objectives.
- Provide planning expertise to all aspects of transportation and interpret and apply planning policies, rules, and regulations.
- Obtain land use permits, post acknowledgement plan amendments, and provide planning technical assistance as necessary for project development, maintenance, and aggregate sources.
- Provide technical support to statewide modal planning and policy development efforts.
- Develop and maintain strong and productive working relationships with local governments, other state agencies, federal agencies, Area Commissions on Transportation, private businesses, tribal governments, and the public.
- Select consultant teams to accomplish transportation planning and project delivery activities, including preparing solicitations for consultant services, preparing scopes of work, developing, executing, and managing consultant contracts, evaluate the work quality, ensure completion work tasks, manage schedules, and authorize payment for work performed by consultant teams.
A bachelor's degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field.
Three (3) years of progressively responsible planning experience related to the job.
NOTE: A master's degree in regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
Six (6) years of planning experience related to the job.
NOTE: Course work in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field can substitute for up to two years of the progressively responsible experience. A copy of your transcripts must be attached to your application to receive credit.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT18-1467oc or click here.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.