A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and
three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.Note:
If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire. Special Qualifications:
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria:
In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex transportation projects from preliminary design through construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to collaborate with technical staff, contractors, consultants, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional engineering experience and expertise in the delivery of capital improvement projects with preference given to public sector experience.
- Experience negotiating and administering complex consultant and construction contracts.
- Demonstrated experience considering multi-modal transportation when developing solutions to transportation problems.
- Responsible for highly visible projects with tight time schedules and limited resources.
- Long hours may be required, including some evenings.
- May face politically sensitive or confrontational situations with members of the public, local officials, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Frequent work outside at project sites – may be exposed to traffic hazards, construction equipment, hazardous terrain, and/or inclement weather.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Wednesday, 04/25/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.