« View All Listings
Assistant Director of Communications
To apply: https://ga.taleo.net/careersection/ga_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=ADM050A&tz=GMT-04%3A00
GSM013, Assistant Director of Communications (P)
$84,000 - $100,000
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Description of Duties: The Assistant Director of Communications works closely with the Director of Strategic Communications to conceive, create and oversee communications programs that effectively share timely and useful information with stakeholders, and that position the Department in a positive light with the public we serve.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field AND Five years of experience managing professional level staff
• OR Nine years of experience AND Five years of management experience at the level equivalent to area of assignment
• OR Five years of experience at the lower level Sr Mgr, Business Ops (GSM012).
• Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications required
• At least 10 years of communications experience for an organization, with at least seven of those years in a managerial role with oversight of direct reports
• Strong experience in and understanding of current strategic communications practices, concepts and dynamics
• Strong creative, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Experience managing integrated communications programs utilizing multiple channels, including traditional media outreach, digital and social media platforms and more
• Strong relationship building and influencing skills, especially with senior leaders in a strong client service-focused orientation
• Demonstrated leadership and achievement in the communications field in either the public or private sector
• Demonstrated success in managing a department and individuals responsible for multiple communications functions
• Excellent organization, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent communications planning and strategy experience and ability to execute on complex plans through strong project and timeline management
• Ability to work across teams to execute a communications plan
• Strong proofreading skills with attention to detail & accuracy
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Effective project leader with the ability to start and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner
• Self-starter who brainstorms and works well with a team
• Results-driven and goal oriented
• Ability to conduct complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way
• Committed to providing quality customer service
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong desire to provide quality products and services to internal and external clients
• Experience building collaborative communications programs with a focus on digital channels a plus
• Demonstrated experience training, planning, directing and evaluating the work of staff; in building effective work teams; in appropriately managing workforce diversity
• Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience developing and/or implementing short and long-term organizational change and motivating others to reach goals
• Possesses strong leadership skills with the knowledge and understanding of where the organization is headed and how to make a contribution
• Demonstrated experience to develop new insight into situations and applies innovative solutions where existing methods are inapplicable or unavailable
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant’s work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee’s favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT.
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
This listing expires on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018