« View All Listings
State Planning Administrator
To apply: https://ga.taleo.net/careersection/ga_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=TRA016A&tz=GMT-04%3A00
TRM065, Sr Mgr 2,Planning Office Head – PG: Q
Description of Duties: Plans the transportation planning activities of an organization, division or agency. Serves as office head to professionals providing professional support.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND Four years of related experience
• OR Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND Six years of related experience
• OR One year of experience at the lower level, (TRM064) or position equivalent.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated experience in the planning and analysis of highway transportation systems
• Demonstrated experience in the implementation of strategic planning and analysis
• Demonstrated ability in gathering, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing information for the purpose of writing plans, studies and recommendations.
• Demonstrated competency in performing and managing strategic initiatives.
• Supervisory experience comparable to an Assistant Office Head, Group Leader, Section Head, or Area Engineer in an engineering related environment
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and guide others toward accomplishment of office/department goals
• Demonstrated experience using appropriate methods and interpersonal style to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of organizational objectives
• Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to express ideas and facts to groups and individuals effectively
• Demonstrated ability to make sound and well-informed decisions; and apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate to find mutually acceptable solutions; to anticipate and meet the needs of our internal customers
• Must be self-motivated and results oriented
• Must possess familiarity with related technological developments and be able to integrate new technology to manage and improve program effectiveness
• Committed to providing quality customer service
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated extensive professional experience coordinating with Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO’s); travel demand forecasting; the development of travel demand models Urban Planning processes; Statewide Planning processes, and the ability to review evaluate and determine transportation and transportation funding needs for the long range program.
• Demonstrated experience in recognizing opportunities to aid in the achievement of department goals and objectives; to adapt work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
• Demonstrated competencies in training, planning, directing, and evaluating the work of staff; in building effective work teams(s); in appropriately managing workforce diversity.
• Demonstrated experience in managing and resolving conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant’s work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee’s favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on: Thursday, April 12, 2018
This listing expires on: Saturday, June 02, 2018