Oregon Dept. of Transportation
Senior Hydraulic Engineer – Professional Engineer 2
Salary: $6,194.00 - $9,153.00 monthly
Roseburg or White City, Oregon
We are recruiting for the senior hydraulic engineer to join our Geo-Hydro Unit in Roseburg or White City. This person will be responsible for planning, directing, and designing the most complex or unique designs on major projects in support of project delivery, maintenance, construction, and emergency response.
The employee in this position functions as an engineering expert in the specialty areas of hydraulic design including bridge hydraulics, scour protection, culvert design, fish passage, streambank restoration, stormwater detention and water quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates on project teams and represents the hydraulic engineering discipline.
- Lead engineer on the most complex hydraulic design problems.
- Completes the analysis and design of the most complex problems such as scour protection for large bridges and other highway-related structures.
- Creates 3-Dimensional computer models using Inroads and Microstation software.
- Provides final plans, specifications and estimates to appropriate Tech Center units.
- Acts as Contract Administrator for consultant contracts developing scope of work, consultant selection, and negotiation.
- Provides review and mentorship to other designers.
- May perform a complete forensic engineering analysis of existing transportation facilities which have failed.
- Member of the Hydraulic Technical Committee.
- Participates on research committees and prepares research proposals.
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT18-1499oc or click here.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.