Announcement: ODOT18-2140ocTransportation Maintenance Coordinator 1
Highway Division – Alkali Lake Maintenance CrewWork Location: MP 50, HWY 395, Alkali Lake, OR 97758
Join the ODOT team in a key leadership role as the transportation maintenance coordinator 1 assisting the Transportation Maintenance Manager (TMM) by coordinating and overseeing the work of a highway maintenance crew. Coordinate the day to day activities of the Alkali Lake Maintenance Crew in highway maintenance repair, renovation, and reconstruction of the state's transportation systems. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
- Alkali Lake maintenance station is a remote location and living in low cost state housing on-site is a requirement of this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, prioritize, schedule and assign work activities.
- Advise and guide employees on work related activities.
- Prepare and review computerized reports to measure resources, accomplishments and performance.
- Develop staffing, equipment and material resource planning for day to day activities.
- Ensure adherence to safety precautions and good public relations practices.
- Perform manual labor and operate a variety of heavy and light equipment and/or tools.
- Ensure proper equipment maintenance and operation and schedule preventative and repair maintenance.
- Provide input to the Transportation Maintenance Manager on employee performance.
- Coordinate activities with other crews, agencies, private contractors to ensure public and crew safety.
- Patrol highways and structures within the section looking for potential accidents, hazards, and damages.
- Responds to accidents and other emergencies and provides first aid and traffic control.
- Monitor and inspect permitted activities for compliance.
- Assist with long and short range goals and budget planning.
- Orient new employees and assist in position specific training on maintenance activities.
The 'Work Experience' section of your application must clearly describe how you meet the qualifications for this position as listed below. You must also answer supplemental questions.
You will need:
- Three years of maintenance and/or construction experience in roadway/highway, bridge, sign, drawbridge or landscape.
- Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
- The employee will be required to use a commercial motor vehicle to conduct business; you must possess a current, valid commercial driver's license A (CDL-A) at the time of application.
- This position has a maximum response time of 60 minutes to MP 50, HWY 395, Alkali Lake, OR 97758 for emergency call-outs.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- A current valid CDL-A.
- Roadway/Highway maintenance (and/or construction) experience.
- Ability to remain calm in emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment with shifting priorities.
- Experience in working with a team in a leadership role while promoting a positive work environment.
- Strong computer skills including data entry, Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and scheduling programs.
- Experience in coordinating work plans and tracking productivity for a team of employees.
- Operate on or near heavy equipment and power tools.
- Exposure to noise, adverse weather, dangerous equipment, pesticides, fertilizers, and hazardous waste materials.
- May be required to walk on rough terrain or uneven slopes.
- Manual labor is required. Must walk, stand, bend, and stoop for extended periods of time and lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work safely with power and hand tools and be able to operate government vehicles/equipment.
- Employees are to be available at any time for emergency, on-call, and weather-related purposes.
Learn more and apply today!
This recruitment closes on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Click here to learn more or to apply!
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.