OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer 1
Salary: $2,874.00 - $4,144.00 monthly
Who we are - ODOT's Motor Carrier Transportation Division
The primary functions of Field Motor Carrier Services Section are:
- Regulating commercial vehicle tax, registration, size, weight, and safety compliance.
- Assisting in the preservation and safety of the state highway system through monitoring and controlling of motor carrier operations.
Join our team as a motor carrier enforcement officer!
As a motor carrier enforcement officer, you will require compliance with applicable commercial motor vehicle safety, size, weight, tax, and registration laws, rules, regulations and policies. You will:
- Interview drivers and analyze vehicles.
- Issue uniform traffic citations.
- Perform truck and driver inspections.
- Off load or redistribution of cargo (legalization).
- Remove drivers and/or vehicles from Oregon highways.
- Apply safety compliance information recognized by regulators across the United States and in Canada and Mexico.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT18-1518oc or click here.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.