Highway Position Management Coordinator – Operations and Policy Analyst 2
Highway Division – Strategic Business Services
We are recruiting for the Highway position management coordinator. This position also serves as the Highway Business Leadership Team (HBLT) initiatives coordinator.
As the Highway position management coordinator, this position works with Highway Division business managers, the Human Resources Branch, and the ODOT Budget Office to coordinate all Highway Division position management actions. This person ensures that we maximize our permanent financing balances each biennium and that our actions align with division goals.
The Highway Business Leadership Team (HBLT) discusses operational issues that include budget management, financial analysis, position management, fleet and facilities issues, and other operating issues. As the HBLT initiatives coordinator, this position works with the HBLT to further initiatives created by the team.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide statewide leadership in the development, continuous improvement, and management of the Highway Division Resource Planning and Positioning Program.
- Lead the statewide process for evaluating business needs and make recommendations on position adjustments.
- Gather, analyze, and prepare information and present proposals and recommendations for resource changes.
- Monitor the status of vacant positions for compliance and ensure positions and/or budget authority are maintained.
- Provide guidance within ODOT to ensure vacant positions are utilized within the established timelines and resource planning guidelines.
- Work with the HBLT to brainstorm initiatives that increase the efficiency and transparency of the Highway Division.
- Facilitate or coordinate change initiatives and document the change process.
- Develop and present solution recommendations for adoption.
- Plan, design, and/or facilitate implementation plans for adopted changes/improvements.
- Create project plans and work breakdown structures.
- Manage or support project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develop, manage, or support communication and risk management plans.
- Develop measures to evaluate, confirm, and maintain the success of implemented changes.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two (2) years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to coordinating business operations or activities.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five (5) years of experience related to coordinating business operations or activities.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Training and experience in answering routine questions about program or services.
- Training and experience in dealing with uncooperative or irate individuals.
- Training and experience in communicating and working with coworkers and managers.
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to prioritize assigned workload.
- Work is performed in a highly participative office environment with the required use of personal computers and various software programs.
- Work involves demanding timelines and/or issues.
- Overtime may be required during the budget preparation cycle and when the legislature is in session.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 17, 2018.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.