Document Compliance Specialist – Civil Engineering Specialist 2
Highway Division – Technical Services
The document compliance specialist serves as the first point of contact and the primary resource for our team of region assurance specialists, who review required construction project documentation. This position assigns and coordinates workloads to ensure timely field reviews, provides a variety of guidance and training within the agency, performs final reviews of documents, and recommends acceptance based on final reviews.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Tuesday, 05/29/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign construction projects to region assurance specialists.
- Coordinate project reviews and track progress.
- Perform final review of field and non-field tested materials quality documents for construction projects.
- Perform final review of pay item quantities for construction projects.
- Review price adjustments for materials.
- Review escalation/de-escalation for materials and ensure payments have been made for the month materials were installed.
- Provide training to region assurance specialists on review of quality and quantity documentation of construction projects and acceptance requirements.
- Develop and maintain computer records for quality-quantity documentation and a variety of other documents.
- Provide central office training and guidance to field offices on preparation and review of documents.
- Perform final review of subcontractor release of retainage, maintain records, and assist in ensuring subcontractor retainage is correctly released per contract specification.
A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering and two years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience;
Five years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments;
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service including timely response to email and telephone inquiries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team of diverse and geographically separated individuals.
- Experience with contract interpretation, enforcement, and contract administration policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional overnight travel required.
- Must be able to frequently lift documentation/archive boxes weighing 25 to 30 pounds.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Tuesday, 05/29/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.