Oregon Dept. of Transportation – Central Services Division – ODOT Procurement OfficeConstruction Contract Coordinator – Procurement & Contract Specialist 3ODOT18-0819oc – Salem
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your procurement knowledge and skills or to learn more about the ODOT's procurement projects? Bring your excellent customer service and contracting experience to our procurement team as a construction contract coordinator to develop, review, and process the agency's highway and bridge public improvement construction contracts, from initial request to contract execution.
ODOT's Procurement Office provides innovative, collaborative procurement solutions to meet our business needs by providing procurement strategies and solicitation processing, contract administration, and contractor performance accountability services.
In addition to the meaningful body of work, the successful candidate for this position will enjoy:
- A formal, proven training plan.
- Procurement method and procurement type cross training opportunities.
- Support in obtaining state certifications.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- 5/15/18 update: We are still seeking additional candidates for this recruitment. Our second screening date is scheduled for Monday, June 11, 2018 at 8:00 am.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled and may be used to fill other vacancies. Our first application screening is scheduled for Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties & Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all phases of contractor selection processes.
- Independently developing, negotiating, executing and administering complex contracts for goods, trade services, public works, and public improvements.
- Analyzing purchase requisitions to determine if sufficient information is included to develop an invitation to bid or request for proposal.
- Developing strategies to minimize potential risks to the agency.
- Developing statutorily defined emergency contracts and full-delegated class of contracts.
- Modifying contract terms and conditions, funding arrangement, or policy interpretation throughout the pre-award and post-award phases.
- Recommending methods and preparing, issuing, and monitoring solicitations.
- Chairing or assisting evaluation and negotiation committees in contractor selection.
- Assessing and determining the validity of offerors' protests, contract terminations, and contract breach actions.
- Examining and evaluating solicitation responses and ensure successful completion of the contractor selection process.
- Drafting and processing contract documents, including final drafts for execution and distribution.
- Reviewing contracts for impending expiration.
- Coordinating contract amendment process.
- Administering and managing executed contracts, provide and coordinate compliance reviews, respond to contractor inquiries, and resolve matters involving contractors.
- Typical office environment with daily use of computers and office technology.
- Frequent exposure to highly visible and sensitive projects, short deadlines, and realigned priorities.
- May encounter challenging customers and situations.
- Occasional travel required for seminars, meetings and to provide training sessions.
- Team-oriented atmosphere.
Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills
You will need:
- Six years of experience negotiating, developing, administering and evaluating public or private service contracts or agreements.
- Three of the six years must have included deciding and writing specifications for the purchase of goods and services or developing and administering contracts.
- A bachelor's degree in business or public administration or a related degree that included course work in general business management, contract or business law, accounting, finance or economics can substitute for three years of experience.
- You must have and maintain a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record or able to provide an acceptable alternate method of transportation.
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria
In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Experience administering, developing, evaluating, and negotiating public or private service contracts or agreements.
- Analytical and technical writing experience that includes researching, analyzing, and synthesizing data and information into concise, easily understood written documents.
- Problem-solving skills that require gathering and use of data.
For more information and to apply online, visit www.odotjobs.com; search for ODOT18-0819oc. Screening begins 6/11/18 at 8:00 am.