Senior Structural Design Engineer (CACR) – Professional Engineer 2
Highway Division – Technical Services and Engineering Branch
Engineer your future at ODOT!
We are recruiting for two (2) senior structural design engineers to join our innovative Bridge Design Unit to act as contract administrator contract reviewers (CACR) – one position will be based in Portland and one position will be based in Salem.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- We may use this recruitment to fill multiple vacancies.
- This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage bridge design contracts and perform contract administrator duties.
- Write design contract language and estimate level of effort for bridge design work.
- Review design contracts prepared by others.
- Review project work to establish project acceptability and recommend acceptance.
- Assist in reviewing consultant plans, specifications, and other required deliverables.
- Analyze the cost and schedule impacts of changes and evaluate alternatives.
- Review monthly consultant progress payment estimates and invoices.
- Evaluate consultant performance, conduct/document closeout review, and identify contract language changes to incorporate statewide.
- Provide consultation for planning, scoping, technical design, and construction issues.
- Act as bridge quality reviewer and perform quality checking duties.
- Provide and review project scoping consultation.
- Independently perform bridge and structures engineering of simple to complex bridges and other transportation-related structures.
- Provide structural engineering design and detailing technical assistance to designers.
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Formal education in civil engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Experience designing simple to complex bridges.
- Experience designing non-bridge highway and transportation-related structures (e.g., retaining walls, culverts, overhead sign supports).
- Experience writing, estimating and managing A&E contracts; and reviewing A&E produced deliverables.
- Experience communicating with a client or customer.
- Typical office environment the majority of the time with occasional work in the field.
- Field work requires working on bridges of varying heights and may require walking adjacent to fast moving traffic, stooping, bending or climbing around hazardous locations, working 20 to 400 feet or more above ground, traffic, railways, or water, and using safety equipment.
- Occasional day or night work required outside of normal work schedule.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 14, 2018.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.