Region Assurance Specialist – Civil Engineering Specialist 2
Highway Division – Technical Services
Klamath Falls or White City
We are recruiting for a region assurance specialist to join our Contract Administration Unit. Depending on the final candidate's preference, this position can be located in either Klamath Falls or White City. This position reviews the construction project manager's systems and procedures used for construction project documentation and contract payments, as well as reviewing other required documents to verify compliance with contract specifications. This person also acts as a coach and resource for the project manager and staff for contract administration documentation processes and procedures and contract acceptance documentation.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our next application screening is scheduled for Tuesday, 06/19/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsbilities:
- Review required construction project documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Assist and coach project management staff in resolving contract administration issues.
- Understand, perform, review, and provide coaching on complex engineering formulas, and calculations.
- Review and coach project management staff on contract on-the-job training, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), and labor compliance issues.
- Review, compute, and coach project management staff on standard price adjustments.
- Review processes and procedures for construction contract documentation for administering construction contracts.
- Assist and coach project management staff in following best practices and guidelines.
- Provide final documentation review and recommend corrective actions or acceptance.
- Evaluate non-standard price adjustments and prepare recommendations.
- Provide input on draft specifications, preliminary plans, and design issues.
A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering and two years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience;
Five years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments;
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to various different office environments and the ability to work with diverse project management office and field staff.
- Experience working as a member of a team supporting the team's mission and values.
- Ability to work with very little or no supervision and manage day to day activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience with contract interpretation, enforcement and contract administration policies and procedures.
- This is an office position with frequent travel required, including overnight travel.
- May be exposed to traffic and construction equipment hazards and inclement weather.
- Work at project sites may require walking or climbing on rough terrain and stooping or bending around structures or equipment.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our next application screening is scheduled for Tuesday, 06/19/2018 at 8:00 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.