Announcement: ODOT18-1619ocAssistant Pavement Management Engineer – Professional Engineer 1
Highway Division – Technical Services and Engineering BranchSalem
Engineer your future at ODOT!
We are recruiting for an assistant pavement management engineer to assist in ensuring that the overall pavement management strategy meets the state's pavement condition goals in the most cost-effective manner
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- Under-Fill: The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at a professional engineer 1 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 2 ($4,194 - $6,194 monthly) to apply, as we may consider under-filling the position until the selected candidate acquires a professional engineer's license. Under-filling will not exceed six months.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze pavement performance data and develop pavement performance forecasts.
- Analyze funding and preservation treatment strategies.
- Provide support to asset management plans.
- Administer and maintain pavement management system database.
- Ensure pavement data collection activities comply with appropriate standards and oversee quality management of pavement condition data.
- Coordinate with regions to prioritize and select preservation projects to include in the statewide transportation improvement program and in developing long term maintenance and rehabilitation strategies.
- Prepare pavement data summaries and reports for ODOT and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
- Prepare pavement designs for complex transportation projects by collecting and analyzing data, analyzing project site conditions, proposing alternatives, and identifying the most sound engineering design.
- Prepare documentation of the design and stamp the design.
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
Associate in Engineering 2 Minimum Qualifications (Under-Fill Option):
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
Associate in Engineering 2 Under-Fill Special Qualifications:
To be eligible for the associate in engineering 2 under-fill option, a candidate must have his/her valid professional engineer's license in hand (the ability to stamp) within six months of hire. As the PE exam is offered twice a year, in most cases, this will mean applicants must have already met all PE licensing requirements (e.g. completed required education and training, passed the FE and PE exams, etc.) and submitted their complete PE license application to the PE licensing body.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Desired Attributes/Application Scoring Criteria: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview. You are not required to have all of these attributes, but please make sure that the ones you do have are clearly demonstrated in your application materials. Your application materials may be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Master's degree in pavement engineering or a related field.
- Pavement design and/or construction-related experience.
- Familiarity with asphalt, concrete, aggregate, and soil material properties.
- Database and data analysis experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information successfully to individuals with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Work is primarily performed in a typical office environment.
- Must drive to project sites and state offices statewide and work on roadways with exposure to traffic, noise, and temperature extremes.
- May be required to walk on rough terrain or uneven slopes, stoop or bend around structures or equipment, or climb ladders or equipment.
Learn More and Apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.