« View All Listings
TRANSCOM (Transportation Operations Coordinating Committee) is a coalition of the 16 major highway, transit and public safety agencies in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut region. It is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, headquartered in Jersey City, NJ.
Founded in 1986, TRANSCOM has become a national model of how separate agencies can work together cooperatively to serve the travelling public. TRANSCOM seeks an Executive Director who can respond to the needs of the member agencies and the travelling public, while simultaneously being responsible for the management of 24/7 operations and complex intelligent transportation systems. He or she will oversee an annual operating budget of over $11 million and approximately 30 staff members.
TRANSCOM seeks an Executive Director who has significant management experience that can work in a complex organizational and financial environment. He or she should have an understanding of a range of disciplines, including operations, engineering, and public administration. Using his/her expertise, he/she is expected to create and implement a vision for the organization’s future, including a commitment to multi-modalism, ensuring that the needs of transit agencies are fully integrated into TRANSCOM operations and systems.
- Serve as Chief Executive Officer, reporting to a Board of 16 member agencies, and affiliated non-member agencies, including metropolitan planning organizations and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Coordinate all aspects of Board and Steering Committee meetings with the respective Chairs.
- Working with the team, manage TRANSCOM's financial and administrative functions, including the annual budget, preparation for the annual audit, and a range of Board approved administrative and human resources procedures
-Manage TRANSCOM’s team that oversees the Operations Information Center that coordinates regional, multi-agency incident, construction, weather, and special events programs, including data integration into broad range of traveler information systems, VMS, ITS and transit customer information systems
- Provide external outreach to ensure that TRANSCOM programs are an essential part of local, regional and national initiatives, including its annual FHWA work program
- Implement and update TRANSCOM's Strategic Plan to ensure adherence to regional goals and objectives and to ensure that the organization continues to be responsive to the member agencies and travelers.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Significant management experience in government or nonprofit
- Experience working with transportation agencies, elected officials on the local, state and federal level
- A degree in public administration, public policy, engineering, planning, or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
SALARY: Competitive and commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should send resume and a cover letter explaining you have met the requirements and why you believe you are the best candidate for the position by e-mail to Sanjay Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org. TRANSCOM is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on: Friday, January 13, 2017
This listing expires on: Thursday, April 13, 2017