Professional Engineer 1 - Assistant Project ManagerWhite City
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the project manager in overseeing, managing, providing technical advice and solutions, and ensuring adequate review and adherence to contract, standards, requirements and policies are followed throughout the various phases associated with ODOT's role in the delivery of simple to the most complex/ multi-million dollar transportation construction projects.
This position oversees the administration of field construction projects; coaches and mentors the project manager's staff in performance of their responsibilities; is responsible for handling contract change orders, state force orders, time extensions, claims, etc; and may be required to apply their engineering stamp to contract changes as permitted within their authority.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
- Open Until-filled: This announcement will remain open until filled. Your immediate response is requested as this recruitment may close at any time without advance notice at the discretion of the agency after a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied. Initial screening will begin as early as 03/17/2017.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the administration of field construction related to transportation, including: highways, major interchanges, buildings, traffic signals, bikeways and bridges.
- Provide general oversight to assure contractor and DBE subcontractors meet contract requirements.
- Complete timely meaningful Commercial Useful Function reviews, which may include interviewing DBE owners and staff as needed for all DBE's. These reviews should identify any concerns there might be regarding the DBE performing a CUF.
- Document CUF reviews and submit to the Project Manager for review, further investigation and corrective action as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED & REQUESTED SKILLS:
|Professional Engineer 1 Minimum Qualifications:|
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering.
Note: "Valid" means you have the ability to stamp at the time you apply. We will verify your license before we consider your application. If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain comity within six months of hire.
Preferred Attributes: We may show preference to candidates whose application materials demonstrate a working knowledge of mathematics, land surveying methods and construction procedures and practices
Assignments often require flexible and/or long work hours up to 7 days a week, holidays and evening/nights depending on the season or project/s. The field environment requires working near large volumes of vehicle traffic, plus working in and around light and heavy construction equipment. The field environment requires walking on rough and/or unstable terrain, working at heights, depths, in confined spaces, climbing ladders, bridge parts, scaffolding, etc. and having exposure to inclement weather (heat, cold, ice, rain, etc).
- To compete for this position, you must attach a resume which clearly describes how you meet the qualifications for this position as listed below or your application materials will be disqualified.
- Your resume must include dates of employment (Month/Year) as it will be used to help determine how you meet the qualifications listed below. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- You must also answer supplemental questions.
We will conduct criminal background checks on final candidates who are not current ODOT employees. All applicants are subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS, and/or education verification as required for the position.
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be give veterans' preference. To receive preference, veterans must attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources. Please title your DD214 like this, "[Your Last Name] DD214" and your disability letter "[Your Last Name] Disability Letter." Veterans may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
Questions and Application Support:
- For questions about the job announcement, call Kris at 503-986-3774.
- For technical help with your login or online application issues, call 1-855-524-5627 from 6:30a to 5:30p PST M-F by leaving a voicemail. It may take up to 24 hrs to receive a response. If you do not receive a response after 24 hours, you can email Technical Support at email@example.com.
We encourage you to print and/or save a PDF copy of your application.
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871