Location: Bismarck, ND
Closing date: June 30, 2017
The Director of the NDDOT leads the department of transportation and is a member of the ND Governor’s Cabinet. The director provides the leadership for the development of the state’s transportation system including roadways, transit, pedestrian and bicycle paths emphasizing the economic vitality of our state and ensuring high service levels to citizens. The department’s mission is to safely move people and goods across the state by planning, building and maintaining 8518 miles of roadway and 4858 bridges with a biennial budget of approximately $2.6B.
We invite you to join our high performing team that values collaboration, respect, high energy, and gratitude.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the state highway system including construction, maintenance and operation of the state highway system; work with local governments to ensure the best design and connectivity to local streets.
- Lead the development of an integrated transportation system (township, city, county and state roadways), rail planning, transit planning, etc.
- Responsible for the planning of all surface modes and coordinating activities with the state aeronautics commission to ensure surface access to airports.
- Provide quality service for Motor Vehicle functions including titling, registering and administering the excise tax and Real ID.
- Establish a working relationship with diverse stakeholders including federal and local government officials, state legislators, and the state’s congressional delegation to implement the federal transportation programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field plus 10 years executive management experience.
- Track record of building effective teams, large-scale change management, innovation and process improvement.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of the legislative process and government operations is desirable.
Applicants must complete the online application, including a resume and cover letter providing details how your education, work experience, and skills qualify you for this position. For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact HRMS at 701-328-3290, email at email@example.com, or TDD: 800-643-3916.
Select the link below to review posting and apply: