Mobility and Construction Liaison - Civil Engineering Specialist 3
Announcement: ODOT17-0039ocMobility and Constriction Liaison – Civil Engineering Specialist 3
ODOT Highway Division – Region 1Portland
This is a time of unprecedented construction in Oregon. Keeping traffic moving during this time is one of the top priorities of the governor, Legislature, and the agency. ODOT's mobility operations and work zone safety are among our most highly visible and important programs.
We are recruiting for a mobility, work zone safety and construction liaison to evaluate our regional mobility operations programs to ensure we meet traffic mobility thresholds for freight and passenger cars. This includes overseeing and coordinating our mobility efforts to meet Legislative direction and satisfy public demand for the efficient movement of passenger and goods throughout the state.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Monday, 7/3/2017, at 7:30 a.m., but we may close the announcement at any time when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after the first screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate, oversee and coordinate mobility activities including training, presentations, and mobility communications for the region.
- Participate on project development teams to develop and review preliminary plans and specifications for constructability, mobility and workzone safety.
- Develop and review preliminary construction schedules.
- Review and ensure ODOT Mobility and Work Zone Safety notices, policies and directives are implemented for projects.
- Represent ODOT and Region 1 at the statewide freight mobility committee to gain approval for mobility and workzone safety elements of the project.
- Assist in the development of outsourcing contracts for construction scheduling.
Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills
A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering and four years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience;
Seven years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. Two years of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments in drafting, field or laboratory inspection, construction contract administration, surveying, materials testing, or traffic investigations;
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Preferred Attributes: We may show preference to candidates whose application materials demonstrate the following.
- Experience working with a group of diverse stakeholders with competing interests.
- Conflict management experience.
- Background or experience with highway construction projects and scheduling.
- Experience with project scheduling software.
- Some evening hours required.
- Frequent travel inside the state.
- Occasional work outdoors.
- Exposure to hazards of traffic, construction equipment, and inclement weather.
- May encounter hostile individuals.
- May need to walk on rough terrain and stoop or bend around structures or equipment.
- May be required to work 20 feet or more above ground/water.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-373-1639.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.