« View All Listings
GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment of candidates and selection process for the position of Village Engineer for the Village of Libertyville. The position is ideal for an engineering professional seeking the opportunity to contribute and gain experience in a professionally managed organization.
About the Community
Libertyville (pop. 20,315) is a charming, vibrant community with a thriving downtown and excellent schools strategically located in Lake County, just 7 miles west of Lake Michigan and 37 miles north of Chicago. This highly regarded Village provides its residents and visitors with an abundance of recreational, dining, shopping and entertainment opportunities. A family oriented community, residents enjoy high quality municipal services, beautiful parks and open spaces and a variety of recreational options. Libertyville is a politically stable, fiscally strong community with a $60 million total budget and 162 full time and 200 part-time employees. Libertyville is a full service non-home rule community providing, police, fire, public works (including wastewater treatment), community development, finance and recreation.
Village Government and Public Works Department
The Village is governed by a Village President and a Board of six Trustees, (the “Village Board”). With the approval of the Board, the Village President appoints a Village Administrator who manages the day to day affairs of the Village. The Libertyville Public Works Department is a fully accredited department by the American Public Works Association. The department was initially accredited in 2005 and re-accredited in 2009 and 2014. Public Works is comprised of five operating divisions: Engineering, Fleet Services, Streets & Utilities, Wastewater Treatment Plant and Parks Maintenance.
The Engineering Division is responsible for recommending improvements, providing cost estimates, preparing plans and supervising the construction of public works projects to improve the Village infrastructure systems. The Division also reviews plans for private development and construction inspection.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements
The position reports directly to the Director of Public Works, who is a certified PE and CFM. Key position responsibilities include the following:
• Oversees engineering design plans and specifications, manages the competitive bidding process and contract award for capital improvement and annual infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
• Prepares RFPs and contract specifications for design and engineering services; participates in the selection of consultants, engineers and contractors; administers professional service contracts; negotiates service parameters and fees as required.
• Supervises the work of two positions: Project Engineer and Engineering Technician.
• Reviews and approves plans and improvement guarantees for private development projects; coordinates efforts with other departments/agencies; attends meetings and provides input as needed.
• Oversees the investigation of drainage and construction related complaints from residents and other property owners; attends meetings to resolve issues as required.
• Confers with, and responds to inquiries from developers, engineers, architects, contractors, property owners and others to give information regarding projects, Village utilities, floodplain requirements, etc.
• Attends evening meetings of the Village Board, Plan Commission and other Committees as required.
• Coordinates with the Lake County Council of Mayors in order to obtain available Federal Funding for eligible roadway and bridge rehabilitation projects.
• Ensures that public infrastructure and private development projects adhere to the Village’s stormwater management guidelines and the County’s Watershed Development Ordinance.
• Directs the implementation of an outsourced geographical information system.
Qualified individuals will possess a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and minimum five years of municipal engineering experience in project management, GIS and design review; and an Illinois Professional Engineer License. Master’s Degree is preferred. Top tier candidates will have 5-6 years municipal engineering experience, including a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, and a solid understanding of wastewater systems and drainage plans. Candidates with equivalent training and work experience are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary is $100,000 +/- DOQ. A comprehensive benefit package includes health insurance including medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension program. The Village also offers paid vacation, holidays, personal days and sick time.
Candidates should apply with a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references Electronic submissions required. First review of candidates will occur on August 11, 2017.
APPLY NOW: http://govhrusa.applytojob.com/apply/RiQ83JcmfN/Libertyville-IL-Village-Engineer
For Questions Contact:
Mike Earl, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at (224) 261-8366 or email@example.com
Mysi DeSantis, Human Resources Generalist, GovHR USA at (847) 380-3169 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Village of Libertyville is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on: Monday, July 10, 2017
This listing expires on: Friday, August 11, 2017