ODOT17-0346OC – Lakeview
Oregon Department of Transportation
Region 4 - District 11
The transportation maintenance specialist functions as a member of a maintenance crew and performs any required manual labor or equipment operation necessary to maintain, repair and/or reconstruct roadway/highway, freeway, bridges and/or rest area facilities.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
- This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill two positions and may be used to fill future positions, as they occur.
- Two years of maintenance and/or construction experience in roadway/highway, bridge, sign, drawbridge or landscape (any type of ground maintenance, including tree, shrub and lawn maintenance; sprinkler system maintenance, cleaning ditches and catch basins, or work related to professional/commercial or public landscaping, farming or logging); AND
- Experience in each of the following areas:
- Operating heavy and/or light motorized equipment;
- Using hand and power tools;
- Performing minor servicing of equipment, AND
- Applying safety procedures.
- Two years of experience operating construction and maintenance machinery to include one or more of the following types: front-end loader, road grader, bulldozer, backhoe, tractor/low-boy, and 5- or 10- yard dump truck
- Employee will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business; you must possess a current, valid class A commercial learner permit with air brake restriction removed and valid medical card. You must have the ability to obtain a class A license within 45-days of hire.
- You must be able to respond to the maintenance station at 1269 South G Street Lakeview, OR 97630 within 45 minutes, in the event of an emergency.
Applications will be graded based on the following preferred attributes. Applicants whose knowledge, experience, and skills most closely meet the attributes below will be invited to interview.
- Operating heavy and/or light motorized equipment.
- Landscape maintenance.
- Roadway/highway maintenance (and/or construction).
- Snow removal using snow plow, sanding, or deicing.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Roadside assistance and emergencies experience.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.