Announcement: ODOT17-0432ocAAccess Management Project Delivery Coordinator Associate in Engineering 2Highway Division – Region 2 Planning and DevelopmentSalem
ODOT's Region 2 Access Management/Development Review Unit guides, educates, trains, and advises all region staff on the implementation of the Access Management Rule (OAR 734-051) for development review activities. The unit is also responsible for ensuring all deviation requests for access are documented and comply with policies and laws. The unit's activities are closely aligned with region project delivery, maintenance and operations, and planning.
We are currently recruiting for an access management project delivery coordinator. This position works closely with the region access management engineer to ensure consistent implementation of the Statewide Access Management Program and the Access Management Rule (OAR 734-051) and coordinates this person's work with the region traffic unit engineers. The person is this position will:
- Collaborate with the Region 2 project delivery staff and local public agencies to provide access management support for the delivery of transportation projects.
- Provide traffic engineering and access management support to district maintenance staff and to project managers responsible for project construction.
- Partner with region planners on transportation system and corridor planning activities and with development review staff on reviewing land use developments that impact the state transportation system.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This recruitment is to augment the candidate pool generated by job announcement ODOT17-0432oc. If you have previously applied for this position, you do not need to re-apply. Names of qualified applicants will remain on the list for further consideration.
This position is represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide access management guidance on project teams.
- Develop access management methodologies, strategies and plans consistent with OAR 734 Division 51, PD-03, Oregon Highway Plan, and other policies.
- Coordinate research and data collection for the access management sub-team process, including access rights and permits.
- Coordinate with project leaders, consultant project leaders, local jurisdiction staff, district staff, area planers, right of way, designers, etc. during the access management portion of the project delivery process.
- Assist in developing closure letters and correspondence to affected property owners, attorneys, and other staff.
- Assist in development of intergovernmental agreements to implement access management plans as required.
- Attend public meetings as necessary to relay access management decisions to citizens, city councils, politicians, and local government staff.
- Provide technical assistance to Region 2 districts in evaluating access requests and recommend the appropriate action.
- Provide technical guidance to Region 2 planners on corridor and systems planning activities
- Assist Region 2, districts and area manager offices, the ODOT Office of Project Delivery, and the state access management staff on process improvement for the Access Management Program to ensure safe and effective access management decisions during the project delivery process.
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
Preferred Attributes: We may show preference to candidates whose application materials demonstrate the following.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with conflict resolution and collaborative solution building.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with coworkers, managers, and customers.
- Knowledge and/or experience related to access management, Oregon land use and transportation planning, traffic engineering, site design and property development, real estate development, and interpreting and implementing complex policy or administrative rules.
- Work environment is primarily in an office environment with majority of time spent using a computer workstation.
- Travel frequently required through Region 2, including occasional overnight travel.
- Workload includes representing the department in public forums and must occasionally make presentations to unreceptive audiences, such as discussing an unpopular department policy or decision to internal and external stakeholders.
- Some field work may require working along the roadside near high-speed traffic.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, call 503-986-7146.
This opportunity closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.